Get in Touch
The ownership of a Private Limited Company in India is decided by the shareholding of the Company. For inducting new investors or transferring the ownership of the company the shares of the company need to be transferred. The company’s interest could be sold to attract new investors or to pass the control of the company.
An important characteristic of the company is that the shares can be transferred. The shares or the debentures are movable property, they are transferable as they are provided by the articles of the company, especially the shares of any members of a public company.
The share transfer is possible only through a contract or arrangement between two or more persons. The provisions of the Companies Act majorly deal with the transfer and the transmission of the securities. The transmission of the securities due to death, succession, inheritance, bankruptcy, etc. The transfer of securities is possible through any contract or arrangement between two or more persons. The provisions of the Companies Act deals with the transfer and the transmission of the securities.
Transmissions of the securities mean the loss of titles on these securities due to death, succession, inheritance, bankruptcy, etc.
Who is involved in Share transfer?
Procedure to transfer the shares of Private Limited Company
There are certain restrictions over the transfer of the shares of the Private lImited company the following procedure should be followed to transfer the shares:
- At first, it is necessary to obtain the share transfer deed as required in the prescribed format
- This deed needs to be duly signed by the transferor and the transferee.
- Stamp this transfer of share transfer deed with his or her name, address, and signature.
- The transfer document or the allocation letter is to be attached to the share certificate and sent to the company
- The company should process the paperwork and the transferor should be granted a new certificate in case if it is accepted.
- The transferor will request the company to transfer his shares.
- A notice will be sent by the company to all the existing members that the above-mentioned shareholder has shown the intention to transfer the shares.
- In case if no existing member has shown interest in the company then the company will intimate the transferor that he can sell his shares to a nonmember.